1. La plupart des développements environnementaux sont extrèmement appréhensibles.
2. All this is taking place on a finite planet. Nevertheless almost all opinion leaders continue to push for economic growth. They do not unterstand that each dollar or euro or yen or renminbi represents a quantity of work and resources and corresponding depletion and pollution. They fail to recognise or to admit that growth is the one and single factor that underpins and reinforces all environmentally destructive trends.
3. The remedies proposed are embedded in the prevailing growth paradigm. Virtually all organisations who promote so-called "sustainable development", be they government, business or real NGOs, believe we must continue to grow. They don't see that every development, each building brick for a new school, each additional pipe for sanitation, requires additional energy and resources.
4. If growth policies continue, we are doomed, in the real sense of the word. In other words, economic growth policy means suicide for humanity.
5. The environmental situation is very urgent. The data for almost all major environmental factors show that irreversable limits will be reached within one to four generations. Most opinion leaders, however, act as if we could go on for centuries with only marginal changes in our behaviour.
6. Most people have illusions regarding technical solutions. Hopes and expectations exist for the magic solution to come when needed. But technology requires resources in the first place. And secondly one can only do somesthing with technology and methods that are really known and available. Hopes and expectations are sky castles, that prevent taking action.
1. First and foremost we will stop growth. Population growth as well as the growth of industrial output are halted. Steady society will become the standard. Production will switch over to maintenace and repair of existing structures, as far as they are environmentally sustainable.
Comparez également : scenarios
votre réaction en générale